McLean Bible Church is committed to helping couples build marriages for a lifetime, and the Preparing for Marriage (PFM) course is designed to equip engaged couples with the principles and skills to do just that! You may attend any PFM class that is held prior to your wedding, and we encourage couples to take the session as early in the engagement as possible.
The Preparing for Marriage course is held two times per year and we encourage couples to enroll in the class as early into their engagement as possible. Please note that the Preparing for Marriage course is for engaged couples only.
We ask that couples miss no more than two sessions of the course. If you are unable to commit to the schedules listed below, please email [email protected] to discuss your situation and possible alternatives.
This schedule is subject to change.
|PFM Session||Spring 2020|
|December 2, 2019|
Early Registration Closes*
|January 31, 2019|
Final Registration Closes*
February 11, 2019
Saturday Session, 9 am - 3 pm
March 14, 2019
Wednesday Sessions, 7-9pm
Mar. 11, 2019
Mar. 18, 2019
Mar. 25, 2019
Apr. 1, 2019
Apr. 8, 2019
Apr. 15, 2019
Apr. 22, 2019
Apr. 29, 2019
May 6, 2019
*Two sessions of one-on-one counseling
will be scheduled for remarriage couples.
May 13, 2019
May 20, 2019
*Early Registration Fees: $112.50/person; remarriage - $130/person
*Final Registration Fees: $125/person; remarriage - $147.50/person
Applications (both bride and groom) and registration fees must be received by the final registration date listed above to be registered for the course. Scholarship money is available for those needing financial assistance. Please reach out to Tahisha Marquez to obtain a scholarship code.
Each Preparing for Marriage course consists of the following components:
- Wednesday Kick-off, 7-9pm (Dinner provided).
- Saturday session, 9am - 3pm (Breakfast & Lunch provided).
- Nine consecutive Wednesday evening sessions, 7-9pm.
- Coach involvement: You will be assigned a coach couple who will attend all class sessions with you. Your coach couple will also meet with you outside of regular class time to review the results of a premarital inventory called Prepare-Enrich. Beyond the class, your coach couple will continue to be available to you for ten months following the course.
- Two supplemental remarriage sessions for couples who are entering a remarriage.
As outlined above, the PFM class consists of both classroom instruction as well as meetings with a coach couple. You will meet your coach couple during the first PFM session. They will walk through the class with you and will also stay in contact with you for ten months following the class to provide prayer and encouragement as you enter this new stage of your life.
The PFM class will help you discover:
- God's Design for Marriage
- Art of Communication
- Understanding Anger & Resolving Conflict
- Roles in Marriage
- Sexual Intimacy
- Financial Matters
- Changes in Relationships & Connecting in the Body of Christ
- Raising Children